ROSEN HOUSE ESTATE - Katonah, New York
• Preservation Plan and Masonry Restoration, Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts •
The Rosen House Estate was constructed in a rustic, Italian villa style between 1929-1939 by Walter and Lucie Rosen to house their extensive museum collections and to share their love of music. Though the couple envisioned a cluster of rural Tuscan buildings, they built in a thoroughly modern style using poured concrete foundations, fireproof cinder block walls, and Portland cement stucco. The roofs were covered with more traditional, handmade clay tile in a variety of colors. The current non-profit continues the Rosen legacy through the promotion of music and the preservation of the extensive estate.
Lori is currently providing survey, assessment, construction documentation, and construction administration for masonry and roofing repairs at nine chimneys of the Rosen House, which have been identified as needing immediate repair. Construction is to be completed in Spring 2014. She brings her understanding of the estate buildings from her preparation of a previous Preservation Plan, which provided an assessment of the four main buildings and a plan for successfully implementing the needed repairs.
TEAM: Façade Group